The following instructions outline the setup process for Stunnel + OpenVPN connections on Ubuntu 18.04:
1. Open the Terminal
2. To install the OpenVPN software on your system. Type
sudo apt update sudo apt install network-manager-openvpn-gnome sudo apt install stunnel4
Enter your password and press "Enter". Wait about 1-5 minutes, depending on speed of your network and computer hardware.
3. Download Stunnel configuration files here
4. Right-click the downloaded file and select "Extract here"
5. Edit one line in Stunnel config by changing "options = NO_SSLv2" to "options = NO_SSLv3" same as on the picture below.
Then run Stunnel via Terminal by typing:
sudo stunnel4 /path_to_file/server.conf
where path_to_file is path to your stunnel configuration file
and server.conf is the server configuration file you wish to connect to.
No message will be displayed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Names with spaces should be included into single quotes ' '
6. To run OpenVPN type:
sudo openvpn /path_to_file/localhost.ovpn
where path_to_file is path to localhost.ovpn file,located inside files you extracted in step 4
Enter Auth Username: Your BoxPN user name
Enter Auth Password: Your BoxPN password
7. If you have entered the correct login information, you will see message
"Initialization sequence completed"
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to BoxPN.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing and setting up
your Ubuntu device to connect to the BoxPN VPN servers - please contact our Support Team anytime.