The following instructions outline the setup process for Stunnel + OpenVPN connections on Ubuntu 16.04:
1. Open the Terminal
2. To install the OpenVPN software on your system. Type "sudo apt-get update".
Enter your password and press "Enter". Wait about 1-5 minutes, depending on speed of your network
Type "sudo apt-get install network-manager-openvpn-gnome”. Type “Y” and press "Enter"
3. To install Stunnel type "sudo apt-get install stunnel4"
4. Download Stunnel configuration files here
5. Right-click the downloaded file and select "Extract here"
6. Run Stunnel via Terminal by typing:
"sudo stunnel4 /path_to_file/server.conf",
where path_to_file is path to your stunnel configuration file
and server.conf is the server configuration file you wish to connect to.
No message will be displayed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Names with spaces should be included into single quotes ' '
7. To run OpenVPN type:
"sudo openvpn /path_to_file/localhost.ovpn",
where path_to_file is path to localhost.ovpn file,
located inside files you extracted in step 5
Enter Auth Username: BoxPN user name
Enter Auth Password: BoxPN password
8. If you have entered the correct login information, you will see message
"Initialization sequence completed"
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to BoxPN.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing and setting up your Ubuntu device
to connect to the BoxPN VPN servers - please contact our Support Team anytime.