The following instructions outline the setup process for L2TP connection on Ubuntu 18.04:
1. Open the "Terminal"
2. To install L2TP dependencies type following commands one by one:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install network-manager-l2tp sudo apt-get install network-manager-l2tp-gnome
3. Click on the "Network" icon in top right corner and choose Settings button in bottom left corner
4. Click on the plus icon on your right to add new VPN connection
5. Select "Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)" as your connection type
6. Enter the following information:
- Name: Enter a name for the connection you are adding, i.e. BoxPN
- Gateway: Enter the PPTP or L2TP server address of the location/server that you wish to connect to from our server list
- User name: Enter your BoxPN user name
- Password: Enter your BoxPN password
Click 'IPsec Settings..."
Tick "Enable IPsec tunnel to L2TP host" and enter Pre-shared key: "s3CuREpaSs412".
Then specify connection algorithms in Advanced section: 3des-sha1-modp1024 for phase 1and 3des-sha1 for phase 2.
Сlick "OK" and then click "Add" in the top right corner
7. Enable your vpn by swiping the toggle.
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to BoxPN.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing and setting up your
Ubuntu device to connect to the BoxPN VPN servers - please contact our Support Team anytime.