Please follow the steps below to setup OpenVPN on your DD-WRT router to connect to the BoxPN servers.
Please be advised that this guide is a general overview, and steps may vary depending upon your router. Please ensure that your router supports being flashed by checking the DD-WRT Router Database, and entering your router's name, manufacturer, and/or revision.
If your router is supported, please follow the instructions below:
1. Download the latest OpenVPN configuration files here
2. Open the DD-WRT control panel for your router (typically this can be accessed via a web browser by entering 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 instead of url)
3. In the DD-WRT panel go to "Services" → "VPN"
Set the "Start OpenVPN client" option to "Enable"
4. Enter the following:
Server IP/name to the hostname of the server you wish to connect to. Hostname can be found in the downloaded configuration file
Port to 1195
Tunnel Device to TUN
Tunnel Protocol to UDP
Encryption Cipher to AES-256 CBC
Hash Algorithm to SHA1.
Set the Advanced Options to Enable.
If you have "User Pass Authentication" option, then you may enable it and enter your BoxPN username and password here.
Set Use LZO Compression to Adaptive
Set the NAT option to Enable
Set Tunnel UDP MSS-fix to Disable
5. Open the .ovpn configuration file downloaded in the step 1 and enter the following information:
TLS Auth Key box should contain key between <tls-auth> </tls-auth>
CA Cert box should contain key between <ca> </ca>
Additional config box:
NOTE: If you have User Pass Authentication option enabled, then you don't need the line "auth-user-pass "/tmp/auth.conf"
Click "Save" and then "Apply Settings"
6. Open "Administration" tab and then "Commands"
Enter the following to commands field and then press "Save Startup"
NOTE: If you have User Pass Authentication option enabled, then you can skip first 3 lines.
password" > /tmp/auth.conf
chmod 600 /tmp/auth.conf
/usr/sbin/openvpn &#-105;config /tmp/openvpncl/openvpn.conf &#-105;route-up /tmp/openvpncl/route-up.sh &#-105;down-pre /tmp/openvpncl/route-down.sh &#-105;daemon
Where username and password are your BoxPN username and password
7. Reboot your router using the Reboot router button located at the bottom of your Management tab. Please allow 1-3 minutes for the rebooting process to complete.
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to BoxPN.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing and setting up your
device to connect to the BoxPN VPN servers - please contact our Support Team anytime.