The following guide outlines the steps necessary to install & configure BoxPN using PPTP on your Ubuntu 16.04 computer:
1. Click on the "Network" icon in top right corner and choose "Edit Connections..."
2. Click "Add"
3. Select "Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)" as your connection type
4. Click "Create"
5. Enter the following information:
- Connection name: Enter a name for the connection you are adding, i.e. BoxPN
- Gateway: Enter the PPTP server address of the location/server that you wish to connect to from our server list
- Username: Enter your BoxPN user name
- Password: Enter your BoxPN password
Tick "Use Point-to-Point encryption (MPPE)"
Сlick "OK" and then click "Save"
6. Left-click again on your "Network" icon and choose server you wish to connect in the "VPN Connections", and then the BoxPN server you wish to connect to
7. Once your connection is successful you will see the following message:
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to BoxPN.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing and setting up your
Ubuntu device to connect to the BoxPN VPN servers - please contact our Support Team anytime.