Xubuntu 15.10 Manual Configuration
1. Download the BoxPN configuration file(s) here: BoxPN Server Information.
2. Right-click the downloaded file and select "Extract Here".
3. Download CA-certificate from here http://boxpn.com/static/ca.crt
4. Install the OpenVPN software on your system. Click on "Ubuntu Software Center" in menu:
5. Search for "network-manager-openvpn-gnome" and click "Install":
6. Configure OpenVPN to use with BoxPN's servers. Click on the Network Connections Manager icon, and then Configure VPN.
7. Select "Add".
8. Choose “Import a saved VPN connection” as connection type from drop down menu.
9. Select the server you would like to connect to from the downloaded configuration files in Steps 1-2.
10. Enter the following details (e. g. Dublin):
- Authentication Type - select Password
- Then enter your BoxPN username and password below.
- CA Certificate:
and then add it to configuration.
After click "Save".
11.Click Network Connections Manager, then VPN Connections, then the server you wish to connect to :
12. You are connected to BoxPN VPN-server
Your connection is now successful; and all of your online activities are 100% secure and anonymous while connected to BoxPN.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing and setting up your PC to connect to the BoxPN VPN servers; please contact our Support Team anytime.