SSTP Windows 8 Setup Guide
The following guide outlines the steps necessary to install & configure BoxPN using SSTP on your Windows 8 computer:
- Right-click on your Network Connections (the LAN / WiFi icon in your system tray), and select Open Network and Sharing Center
- Select Set up a new connection or network
- Select Connect to a workplace, and click Next
- Select Use my Internet connection (VPN)
- Enter the following information, and click Create:
* Internet Address: Enter the address of the BoxPN SSTP server that you wish to connect to. BoxPN Server Information is available within your Account Area.
* Destination Name: Add a name for the connection you are adding. IE. BoxPN SSTP - Toronto
* Select Remember my credentials to save this future use
- Right click on the connection you just created, and select View connection properties. If you are using Windows 8.1; click on Change adapter settings in the Network and Sharing Center, and right-click on the connection and select Properties
- Select the Security tab, and select Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP) for Type of VPN.
- Select the Networking tab, and uncheck the following items, then click OK:
* Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
* File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
- Click on your system tray, and select the BoxPN connection you just added, and click Connect to initiate the connection.
- Enter your BoxPN username and password, and click OK
- Once you have successfully connected; the status will be displayed as Connected
Your connection is now successful; and all of your online activities are 100% secure and anonymous while connected to BoxPN.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing and setting up your PC to connect to the BoxPN VPN servers; please contact our Support Team anytime.