OpenVPN Mac OS X Setup Guide (Viscosity)
The following guide outlines the steps necessary to install & configure BoxPN using OpenVPN on your Mac OS X computer using the Viscosity client:
1. Download Viscosity here. (Please note that Mac OS 10.7 or later is required). Please be advised that a paid subscription to Viscosity is required after 30 days.
2. Select and download the BoxPN OpenVPN protocol configurations files from https://boxpn.com/account/server-info. You may select only certain servers / locations to you wish to connect to, or all servers / locations that we offer, upon completing your configuration file selection; download the files to your computer.
3. To begin installation of OpenVPN for Mac OS; navigate to your Downloads folder and double click the Viscosity disc image (.dmg) file you just downloaded.
4. A new window will open asking you to drag the Viscosity icon inside the Applications folder in order to install the software. Select and drag the Viscosity icon to the Applications folder by holding your left mouse button down, and release it once the icon has been added to the Applications folder.
5. An installation dialogue window will appear called “Viscosity Helper Tool Installation”. Click "Install" to begin installing.
8. Click the Viscosity icon located on your menu bar near the top right corner of the screen and choose "Preferences".
9. In the newly opened window; click the "+" sign at the bottom right corner and choose Import Connection -> From File. Another window appears in which you should choose config folder which was downloaded in Step 2 and click “Open”.
10. A success dialogue window should appear saying that connection/s were imported successfully and you should already see connections in the background. Click “OK” and close the window.
11. Click the Viscosity icon located on your menu bar near the top right corner of the screen, you should see a list of servers in a dropdown menu. Choose a server to connect to click on it once.
12. Shortly after connecting; a success message should appear near the top right corner of the screen stating your are connected to the desired server.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing and setting up your PC to connect to the BoxPN VPN servers; please contact our Support Team anytime.