OpenVPN Ubuntu 14.04 Setup Guide
The following guide outlines the steps necessary to install & configure BoxPN using OpenVPN on your Ubuntu 14.04 computer:
2. Right-click the downloaded file and select "Extract Here":
3. Install the OpenVPN software on your system. Click on "Dash Home" and search for "Ubuntu Software Center":
4. Search for "network-manager-openvpn-gnome" and click "Install":
5. Configure OpenVPN to use with Boxpn's servers. Click on the Network-Manager icon, and then VPN Connections:
6. Select "Add":
7. Choose “Import a saved VPN connection” as connection type from drop down menu.
8. Click “Create”
10. Select the server you would like to connect to from the downloaded configuration files in Step 2.
11. Enter the following details:
- Authentication Type: Select Password; then enter your Boxpn username and password below.
- CA Certificate: Download certificate from here http://boxpn.com/static/ca.crt
and then add it to configuration.
After click "Save"
12. Click "Network-Manager", then "VPN Connections", then the server you wish to connect to (e.g. Stockholm):
If you have entered your account credentials correctly and are connected; your connection is successful and 100% secure; a window which indicates you have successfully connected to the BoxPN servers, and that all of your online activities are 100% secure and anonymous.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing and setting up your PC to connect to the BoxPN VPN servers; please contact our Support Team anytime.